Just Dough (for pizza, or hard dinner bread/rolls)
1 Package Quick-Rise dry yeast
1 Cup Hot Water (about 120 degrees F)
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Salt
2.5 Cups Bread Flour (or, I usually mix All-Purpose with Wheat at approx 1:1)
1 Tablespoon Coarse Corn Meal
- Mix yeast with water in medium-size mixing bowl.
- Stir in 3 Tb olive oil, salt.
- Add in Flour.
- Knead for 7 Minutes, then allow to rest at least 15 minutes.
- Begin Preheating oven with pizza stone placed on a shelf in middle to 475 (at least 450 F).
- Divide dough in half, roll out to 11" rounds.
- Sprinkle pizza peel with corn meal.
- Transfer dough to pizza peel.
- Brush top of dough with olive oil.
- Add desired toppings. Consider adding herbs after baking.
- Bake at 475F on a pizza stone (essential for crisp crust; I haven't tried a perforated metal pan, which might work).
- Usually done in about 15-20 minutes - watch closely, check by lifting with an ovenproof tool.
- Remove the whole pizza stone from oven when done - you need very heavy oven mitts because the stone is VERY VERY HOT.
- Cut with pizza wheel, leave pizza on hot stone to keep crisp.